If you have any questions regarding the payment, please contact your merchant.
Espago makes all operations (payments, refunds, card updating or removing, stopping subscriptions) on merchant request. Espago doesn't know agreements betwen customers and merchants, so we can't validate customer request.
There are several reasons for which the bank issuing the card may reject payment. The most common reasons are: not activating on the card settings online payments (sometimes described as MOTO/eCommerce) or too low limit for these payments. The exact cause of the decline and suggestions for solving the problem you can get from:
- Automatic e'mail notification from Espago (if your Seller provide your e'mail address to Espago)
- From your Seller (he get information about payment short time after payment).
- From your Bank - bank decide does your payment will be executed or rejected, this is best place for getting information. You can contact your bank and ask them to explain the exact reason for the rejection (using the information about used card, transaction time and seller) and to change card properties and limits.
If you have funds in your account which is used by the card but payments are rejected with the code 51 "Lack of funds on the account" check limits for online payment / MOTO on your account. By default in most banks limit is set to "0" - it means disabling internet payments.
The problem encountered in cards issued by the banks: ING Bank Ślaski (PL).
If you are using credit card, it is possible that you have reached credit limit of your card - this limit can be separate from your bank account state. In that case, you should pay off the card debt.
First of all, please check or set in the bank (eg. through the bank's website) in the settings tab the daily limit for Internet payments - must be sufficiently high. Limit set to 0 PLN or too low amount will result in the rejections, both one-time payments and recurring.
Folders of cards issued by mBank, who will to pay using cards on the Internet must set appropriately 4 parameters for your card. In the web-panel of mBank, in section of the card settings there is available tab "authorization limit of debit card" (pol: Limity autoryzacyjne karty debetowej) and in this section:
- Amount limits (Daily and Monthly):
- Transactions correspondence and telephone (pol: Transakcje korespondencyjne i telefoniczne)- it means recurring payments and subscriptions, MOTO (eg. a subscription for the service, monthly fee in the gym or fitness club, telephone order in some hotels, etc.).
- Internet transactions (pol: Transakcje internetowe) - all one-time payments online (eg. Online store)
- The quantitative limits (Daily and Monthly):
- Transactions correspondence and telephone
- Internet transactions
Please check or set in the bank (eg. through the bank's website) the daily and monthly, amount and quantitative limits for "Internet transactions" and "transactions corespondence and telephone" - they must be sufficiently high.
- Amount limits (Daily and Monthly):
New card from bank need to be activated by making some operation authorized using PIN, for example payment in shop, withdrawal from an ATM. Without this activation, even after setting high limits for MOTO/ecommerce payments your payments will be rejected with information about bad PIN, unsuccessful PIN verifying, etc.
An error occurred while entering the card data, the form does not display or does not work correctly
There may be an error with the application/website of the Seller. In this situation, it is best to contact him directly and describe the situation.
If you use an older device or computer system (eg Windows XP, Android smartphone older than 5 year), your browser may not be able to send card data using the secure and new HTTPS protocols. In this case, use a different browser or newer device. As of February 2018, Espago accepts only HTTPS connections with secure TLSv1.2 and TLSv1.1 protocols. List of systems that meet the gate's requirements:
- Windows 7 and later
- Android 4.4.4 and later
As Espago we realize all operations (payments, refunds) at the request of the Seller. In order to obtain a refund, please contact your Seller, and he will send us a request about refund.
When contacting Seller, provide him information that will be helpful for him to identify your payment. This may be your login or mail used in the store, your payment ID (in the form of pay_xxxxxxxxxxx) described in mail confirmation from Espago, or although the date and amount of the transaction.
In exceptional situations, if the contact with the Seller was not possible or did not bring the expected results, you can file a complaint with your bank regarding card payments (the so-called chargeback).
Your refund should appear in your account no later than 14 days after the seller initiates the return. Most often this is done within the first 2 days of return.
The return may take different forms depending on the date of its execution and from the bank:
- An original payment (or lock of funds) will simply disappear from your account if the refund was made on the day of payment and the payment has been reversed.
- A payout or negative payout will simply appear in your account if your refund was made at a later date.
- The refund may appear in the history of the bank account or on the card transaction list.
Sometimes the cause for misunderstanding on refunds is that the customer does not notice the refund (for example, because it is a negative-amount payment, or a card transaction for a positive amount) or a waiting for a payment, while the original charge has been reversed and disappeared from the account.
If after 14 days you still can’t find refund on your bill, please contact your bank directly and ask for it. After refund was made in our system, money are send back to your bank in one day and refund time depends on your bank only.
First, make sure:
If in fact your card was charged and the Seller can not find it (or see as rejected, etc.) please pass to your Seller as much information about the payment as you can (email from Espago, payments details from your bank account, date and time, the last 4 digits of the card number, etc.), and the seller will find the payment in gateway Espago or will contact us to clarify the situation.
- Check whether on your bank account do you see payment for your Seller or blocked amouts.
- Check, if automatic email from Espago concerns information about successfull payment, not about rejection of payment.
- Verify, do you lent someone your card (eg. a family member or firend) to pay for something on his account. Seller perhaps checked only payments on your account, he can't search for your payment using card data because he knows only last 4 digit of your card.
If you want to change the data card (eg. you pay a subscription and you want to enter a new card) or make other changes related to the paid service, please contact the Seller. In most cases simply just log in to the panel on seller's webside and there find the possibility of updating the card, changing service parameters or orders etc.
Espago executes all operations (payments, card data updates, stop subscriptions, removing client profiles) at the request of the Seller. As payment provider, Espago doesn't have access to agreement between Customer and Seller, so Espago can't interfere in the payment process in case other than technical error.
If you want to pay online using your credit card please check and set in your bank account a sufficiently high limit for internet/ecommerce/MOTO transactions for your card. In most banks this is limit for common amount of payments per one day, but some banks have also separate limits for number of transactions per day, or limits per month.
In most cases, the default limit "0" (zero) means that this kind of transaction is disabled.
Espago has certificate Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) Level 1, which is international standard about security in credit card payments. Level 1 means implementing the highest rules, verified annualy by independent auditors since 2011.
From all collaborating entities, we require the use of SSL / TLS, which is a way of encrypting data, ensuring the confidentiality and integrity of their transmissions. SSL secures communication between the user and the websites. Payments can additionally be protected with 3D-Secure security, which blocks unauthorized payment attempts.
Espago's solution makes possible to send card data directly from the user's device to the Espago Gateway, and the Seller only receives access to the card identifier in Espago. Our security measures are designed to guarantee the highest possible protection, so you can be calm about your data.